Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why do I see so many BB,and pellet gun ?'s in the hunting section?

OK. I understand they are ''guns'', but really...scopes and hunting techniques? Is it because you can't have real guns anymore? Just curious...Why do I see so many BB,and pellet gun ?'s in the hunting section?
There's a whole category of shooting sports dedicated to air guns, with a huge number of participants. Many of us who use cartridge arms also shoot air guns for sport and hunting. The number of sports categories on this forum is limited, but, in any event, ';hunting'; is an appropriate section to discuss ANY firearm questions.Why do I see so many BB,and pellet gun ?'s in the hunting section?
Because i dont think the city would be happy to see me going out with a 12 ga shooting squirels outa a tree.I live in the city so real guns are to loud, so i turned to airguns.And since i hunt with them it makes since to post questions in the hunting section.Pellet guns are a great tool for any adult.Yes i said adult because when you get and airgun that shoots faster than some rimfire ammo you dont exactly want to send little Billy outside by himself to pay with his new airgun.
I have 3 Glocks, 5 rifles that shoot .308, 3 that shoot .223, and several more ';real'; guns, and I still sometimes use my pellet rifle, and yes, it has a scope on it and squirrels die when I shoot them with it, so that makes it a hunting gun and that's why people ask about them here.
Just because it doesn't use gun powder doesn't mean you can't hunt with it. I use a pellet gun to shoot squirrels and stuff in my backyard because it doesn't make a loud noise for my neighbours to be irritated about.
Well technically you can still hunt small game such as squirrels, rabbits, and birds. So therefore, they are in the hunting section!
These are used as starter guns for kids to learn shooting fundamentals and firearm safety.
Kids use those to ';hunt'; squirrels, ha,ha, and shoot each others eyes out of course.
  • rimmel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment