Saturday, August 21, 2010

My grandpa gave me an old hunting knife, and I was wondering how to clean the blade?

with brillo my dear!My grandpa gave me an old hunting knife, and I was wondering how to clean the blade?
Steel wool in any form will destroy any collector value of the item, as will files, sandpaper, or hand grenades. Try a cleaning product containing Sulfamic acid, such as BAM, Limeaway, or CLR. They will dissolve rust but leave the steel alone. Also you will be able to stop the cleaning process if it turns out the rust pits are too deep, and their being filled with rust is the lesser of evils.My grandpa gave me an old hunting knife, and I was wondering how to clean the blade?
Is it rusty? Or just worn and dirty?
With a brillo cleaning pad that is used for cleaning pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment