Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Airgun Hunting Question: Could I have shot this bunny?

I hunt with my airgun which is a Shadow 1000 (1000 Fps) and i was using pointed hunting pellets. I usually just hunt gophers and black birds and squirrels. Today I came across a bunny out in the open and i was about 25 feet away from it too. I hate having my prey suffer after i shoot them. I didn't shoot it because i was worried the bunny would suffer to much and i would have to shoot it 2-3 more times. Could i have just shot it once and killed it pretty quickly?Airgun Hunting Question: Could I have shot this bunny?
When in doubt, go without. It sounds as if you've already picked up a good hunting lesson somewhere.Airgun Hunting Question: Could I have shot this bunny?
Provided you put the pellet in the right place (either the head or the heart cavity), I don't see why not. Rabbit takes about 5 ft-lbs of impact energy. The Gamo Shadow generates around 14-15 ft-lbs of muzzle energy (even after adjusting for Gamo's exaggerated marketing claims regarding muzzle velocity). That means the Shadow would have plenty of power to kill a rabbit at 30-40 yards provided you're capable of placing the pellet in the right place.
Shot placement is critical, a head shot or lung shot would kill it. A shot to the rear quarters would only wound it,
With a good head shot you could have dropped it on the spot.
Pop it in the eye and you'll anchor him with a 1000 fps air rifle from 25 feet!
Yes
if ever in the field %26amp; u arent sure if ur gun is capable of a shot, aim 4 neck/ the head.





that'l put em' down

No comments:

Post a Comment